DFKI-LT - iREAD
Personalised Reading Apps for Primary School Children
The overarching aim of the iRead project is to develop a software infrastructure of personalised, adaptive technologies and a diverse set of applications for supporting learning and teaching of reading skills. The specific goals of the project proposed are to:
- Develop a scalable, cloud-based software infrastructure of open, interoperable components, including real-time user modelling and domain knowledge components, to support learning of reading skills by children with different abilities and linguistic backgrounds
- Develop domain models for English, Greek, German and Spanish learners, and to contextualise those models with respect to skills and difficulties of (i) typically developing readers, (ii) English and Greek readers with dyslexia and (ii) learners of English as a Foreign language. The domain models will utilise and generalise the domain model implemented in a previous FP7 project – iLearnRW
- Develop applications for supporting learning (literacy games, interactive e-books, Reader app) that utilise the infrastructure to yield different types of personalised learning services and experiences
- Develop and evaluate personalised content classification metrics that "enable reading" for use by electronic publishers and libraries
- Enable orchestrated use of the learning applications (games, e-books, Reader app) based on learning analytics, and a personalised experience through adaptive support
- Implement a number of large-scale evaluation pilots across European countries and providers in order to evaluate the pedagogical effectiveness of the iRead ecosystem.
Funding Notice: The project iREAD has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement no. 731724.
|Funded by:||European Union|
|Project Manager:||GŁnter Neumann (Guenter.Neumann@dfki.de)|
|Contact:||GŁnter Neumann (Guenter.Neumann@dfki.de)|
|Duration:||01.01.2017 - 31.12.2020|