DFKI-LT - COLLATE
Computational Linguistics and Language Technology for Real Life Applications
COLLATE is a project dedicated to building up and enhancing the German Competence Center for Language Technology in Saarbrücken. The competence center consists of three components that are hosted at DFKI in Saarbrücken:
- the Virtual Information Center Language Technology World
- the German Demonstration Center for LT Systems
- an Evaluation Center for LT applications.
Research is performed in principal application areas of Langage Technology with the aim to shorten the path from the lab into realistic applications. The research is focussed on three major application areas:
- Resource-adaptive Speech processing for mobile multi-modal dialogue systems
- LT Support for participants in real and virtual meetings
- Information access for dialogue applications
The principal investigators of the project are Prof. Dr. H. Uszkoreit, Prof. Dr. M. Pinkal and Prof. Dr. W. Wahlster.
|Funded by:||Federal Ministry of Education and Research|
|Project Manager:||Hans Uszkoreit (Hans.Uszkoreit@dfki.de)|
|Duration:||04/2001 - 12/2003|