[mary-dev] Question: IPA or SAMPA

Marc Schroeder schroed at dfki.de
Thu Oct 29 09:25:59 CET 2009

the key issue here is that you need to define your own allophones.xml
for your language. if you choose to represent the allophones using IPA
symbols, then you need to carry this through throughout the system. it
may work, since we use UTF-8 encoding throughout, but it has not been
tested.

Regards,
Marc

Hind Abdul-Khaleq schrieb:
> is it right behavior if I fed mary TranscriptionGUI tool with file in
> the format  word to IPA like this :
> ob 'ɔp
> gut 'guːt
> dies 'diːs
> finden 'fɪndn̩, ˈfɪndən
>
> or it should be in SAMPA format , since I see IPA format is working ?
>
> and if not where can I get the format in this link or any right format
>
>     http://mary.opendfki.de/wiki/TranscriptionTool
>
>     Example 2: List of words and transcriptions for few words

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu
Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net
Team Leader DFKI Speech Group http://mary.dfki.de

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: schroed at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-302-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: