[mary-dev] Basic NLP module for Italian

Marc Schroeder marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Thu Nov 4 17:49:49 CET 2010

Hi Fabio,

On 04.11.10 12:35, Fabio Tesser wrote:
> I know TranscriptionTool use the funcional word flag to built a pos
> tagger. I have a list of funcional word for Italian and, as first step,
> I could use these in TranscriptionTool. There is any way to pass this
> information in the input transcription file (i.e. abaco a1-ba-ko
> functional)?

Try the following: In a copy of your it.txt, load the file, then tick
the "functional" box in the gui and save the file. The format that you
find in the newly saved it.txt is the format that you should generate.

I think that is all you need, really, the Transcription GUI should do
the rest. Then just try to create an "it.config" (e.g., taking
"tr.config" as a template) and you should be ready to go.

> This is a first plan, but knowing that I have also the POS information
> ready for the full conversion do you suggest to already built a pos
> tagger able to give other information?

The obvious thing to do is to encode the pos tags you have into the
lexicon fst (as I mentioned earlier, you can use the CMUDict conversion
code for that); then you would have to update the MinimalisticPosTagger
to actually use the pos tags from the fst file...

Best wishes,
Marc

--
Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-85775-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: