[mary-dev] Differences between svn and standalone-installation

Fabio Tesser fabio.tesser at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 13:09:37 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,
I just started the work of adding the Italian language in OpenMary.

Marc has already created a branch for that, but as first step, in orrder
to better understand the sources, I have tried to check out the latest
tag from svn <https://mary.opendfki.de/repos/tags/4.1.1>.

I have installed two english voices (mary-dfki-obadiah and
mary-dfki-obadiah-hsmm) using the mary-component-installer.
After starting the maryserver and making a synth request with a
web-client, the audio is not produced and I receive the errors reported
in the attached logs.

In the UnitSelection case seem that some data is missed:
"Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No duration information in
MaryXML -- check log file for messages warning about unloadable acoustic
models"
but I checked and seem that in lib/voices/dfki-obadiah there are the
relative data files.

The HMM voice error seem more general:
"Caused by: marytts.exceptions.SynthesisException: HMM Synthesiser could
not synthesise: "

My system is composed by:
* Linux Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64
* java -version
java version "1.6.0_18"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.8.1) (6b18-1.8.1-0ubuntu1)

I tried to install the OpenMary 4.1.1 using also the standalone
procedure (java -jar openmary-standalone-install-4.1.1.jar) and after
installing the same voices, this maryserver synthesizes the sentences
without problems in the same computer.

Does anyone have a suggestion of why I get the errors using the
maryserver built from the svn tag?

Thanks,
Fabio.