[mary-dev] [Mary-dev] PronunciationModel not working

Nickolay V. Shmyrev nshmyrev at nexiwave.com
Mon Jul 4 19:51:20 CEST 2011

В Пнд, 04/07/2011 в 12:54 +0200, fxavier at ircam.fr пишет:
> Dear all,
>
> Any ideas to help me out? We are very close to have the french voice
> available. Any help will be really appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,

Hello Florent

This part of stacktrace

Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException
        at java.util.StringTokenizer.nextToken(StringTokenizer.java:349)
        at marytts.util.MaryUtils.string2locale(MaryUtils.java:473)
        at
marytts.modules.phonemiser.AllophoneSet.determineAllophoneSet(AllophoneSet.java:93)
        at

says that something goes wrong with parsing the locale. Maybe somewhere
the locale is specified incorrectly or incorrectly determined in mary
itself.

Looking on the code

        if (maryVoice != null) {
            allophoneSet = maryVoice.getAllophoneSet();
        } else {
            Locale locale =
MaryUtils.string2locale(e.getOwnerDocument().getDocumentElement().getAttribute("xml:lang));
            allophoneSet = determineAllophoneSet(locale);
        }

It feels like you don't have voice defined (that's not a good thing but
should be ok) as well as you don't specify xml:lang in your document.
The exception in this case is not quite correct OpenMary behavior.