[mary-dev] adding new NLPs to the system

fxavier at ircam.fr fxavier at ircam.fr
Tue Jun 21 21:01:30 CEST 2011

Dear Ingmar,

Indeed it makes sense. The fact is that I tried to see what the fr
language missed compared to the other languages, wether it was an include,
an xml file, or whatever. I found that there was no xml file corresponding
to this, but actually I didn't know it was about the InstallerGUI.

So I really can't see why it works now, whereas all day long and yesterday
it never worked, telling me that no modules existed to process the output
from the input. The situation really changed when I created that
mary-4.3.0.xml in the /installed folder... I whish to state that everytime
that I did a single change (you can see everything we did on the mail,
fr.config, java code, build.xml...), I always rebuilt the system using
"ant" and restarted the machine.

So to summaryze, the only things to do when the NLP components are ready is:
-export the mary-*.jar to the marytts/language/**
-build the system using "ant"
-tweak the build.xml to see if everything is included
-create the **.config in the /conf directory
-re-build and restart the system?

Well I guess it is ok, as long as it works! But if you have an idea of why
does it work now, please let me know. But this xml is really the only
thing that I changed when it finally worked.

Now, I'm able to output a proper PHONEMES from the TEXT, and the result
suits perfectly to what is expected.

Best regards,
Florent