[mary-dev] winmaryclient.rb: some additions.

H. Sasse hgs at vermilion.plus.com
Sun May 1 12:52:13 CEST 2011

I have made the Ruby client I wrote a bit more useful.  With no
arguments, it will function
as before, announcing that the system is working. With arguments it will
either echo them
to the speech synthesizer, or read the files they name.  It can also
sent the text to standard
output, a bit like the Unix tee command with the synth as the output
from the tee piece..
You can get help from it with the --help or -h options.

I did think about adding clipboard support, but I'd need another gem for
that, increasing the
dependencies, and I'd have to handle the case where the clipboard
contains an image or
something unsayable.

It is attached.  Hope this helps.

     Hugh