[mary-dev] MARY TTS clients for Ruby and Python committed

Marc Schroeder marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Wed May 18 09:18:37 CEST 2011

Thanks Hugh,

this is really nice. I have now committed your code to the trunk:
http://mary.opendfki.de/changeset/3003

I think if someone wants to use MARY TTS from Ruby or Python, your code
gives them a good starting point. Also, if someone wants to add audio
playback support for a given platform, your code makes it easy for them
to know where to add that. Volunteers welcome!

Thanks again and best,
Marc

On 13.05.11 00:20, H. Sasse wrote:

> OK, I have tried to improve the docs for the Python version, moved the
> platform specific stuff
> into the "if this is being run as a script ... end" part for both the
> Ruby and the python.
> It should thus be possible to import/require this code on anything
> without those being picked up.
> The Python code doesn't have all the argument processing stuff to pick
> up things from the command line
> but it has comments to show where it could go. We can add that later. It
> is probably best if
> I get the code critique for what is there first, given my lack of
> fluency in Python. Python culture
> also has the "There is one right way to do things" idea, so people may
> find my strong Ruby accent
> unpleasant in this! Hopefully the code is an improvement on what was
> there before, though.
>
> I can't seem to find a way to get Python to give me audio on Cygwin.
> Maybe I'll need to re-examine
> my cygwin installation, because I haven't done much at all with audio on
> cygwin, so there are probably
> obvious things missing.
>
> Hugh

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Project leader for DFKI in SSPNet http://sspnet.eu
Team Leader DFKI TTS Group http://mary.dfki.de
Editor W3C EmotionML Working Draft http://www.w3.org/TR/emotionml/
Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-85775-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: