[mary-dev] Fwd: integration of MARY

Marc Schroeder marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Tue Nov 29 16:24:50 CET 2011

Hello Fabian,

maybe in your case the right thing to do is to start MARY without the
server part; this way you can directly feed text into MARY TTS and get
the audio data back out. You will have to send the input/output around
to the right places of course.

In essence you have to call Mary.startup(), and then create Request
objects with the right parameters.

I cannot think of a minimal example at the moment, but one place where
we have done this is the speech output component of the SEMAINE system:

The startup is done here:
http://semaine.opendfki.de/browser/tags/3.1.0/java/src/eu/semaine/components/mary/SpeechBMLRealiser.java#L140

and the actual processing around here:

http://semaine.opendfki.de/browser/tags/3.1.0/java/src/eu/semaine/components/mary/SpeechBMLRealiser.java#L350

Maybe that helps, best regards,
Marc

On 29.11.11 16:12, Fabian Mueller wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am working with Mary on a project using OSGi-Bundles and got some good
> solutions.
>
> However,  I have some questions about the code:
> - What is the Procedure of the Server in detail? Which steps process
> text input to output(WAV zB)?
>
> I always get an error restarting the server (shutdown and startup):
> OutOfMemoryError (java heap), because the instances dupliacated
> (monitored on visualvm). To solve this problem, I try to implement an
> own "server" processing text to audio what leads to the first question.
>
> Thanks for help!
> Best wishes,
> Fabian

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Project leader for DFKI in SSPNet http://sspnet.eu
Team Leader DFKI TTS Group http://mary.dfki.de
Editor W3C EmotionML Working Draft http://www.w3.org/TR/emotionml/
Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-85775-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: