[mary-dev] Can't run the transcription tool

Pubudu Tharaka shandigutt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 12:50:26 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to add Sinhala language support to Mary TTS. First forked the
marytts official project to my github account and took a clone of the
forked project to my local hard disk. Then built the project with "sudo mvn
install". Build successful message was displayed. Then as described in the
instructions I tried to run the Transcription tool. For that I changed my
directory to
 "$MARY_BASE/marytts-assembly/assembly-builder/src/builder/bin" and ran the
transcription tool by running the "transcription.sh" file. Then I came
across the following error,

java version "1.7.0_72"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.72-b04, mixed mode)

Error: Could not find or load main class
marytts.tools.transcription.TranscriptionGUI

Operating system: Ubuntu 14.04

Maven details as follows:

Apache Maven 3.0.5
Maven home: /usr/share/maven
Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-oracle/jre
OS name: "linux", version: "3.13.0-37-generic", arch: "amd64", family:
"unix"

Please help me to solve this issue. I did the same thing in Windows 7. Same
error occurred.
Thank you.