[mary-users] Other problems OpenMary

Marc Schröder schroed at dfki.de
Fri Jul 7 09:15:17 CEST 2006

Hi Mary,

todero.mary at virgilio.it schrieb:
 > Good evening prof. Schroeder,
 > we’re still the students from the
 > University of Bari that sent you the mail about the execution of Open
 > Mary with eclipse.
 > We have made everything that you have said in
 > previous e-mails, but other problems are present in phase of execution
 > of the server with Eclipse.

I like your perseverence, don't give up, you are nearly there! :-) But
please, ask your questions on the mailing list. (and I am not a
professor...)

 > These problems are listed in the file in
 > attached.

The first error (...catalogue file not found) is not a problem, because
that file is for debug information only.

The second (MbrolaJNI library not found) is the cause of the failure.

This file is located in MARY_BASE/lib/windows; if you look at the normal
server startup script MARY_BASE/bin/maryserver.bat, you will see that
this directory is added to the PATH before the java server is started:

set PATH=%MARY_BASE%\lib\windows;%PATH%

The Readme.usingEclipse.txt file says:

-----------
4. Define a number of environment variables.
  b) Under Windows, right click "My computer"->"Properties"->"Advanced"->
     "Environment variables...".
     Under "user variables", add new variables using the "New..." button:
        MARY_BASE "c:\Program Files\MARY TTS"
        SHPROT_BASE "c:\Program Files\MARY TTS\lib\modules\shprot"
     Under "system variables", "Edit..." the variable "Path". To the
existing
     content of the Path variable, append the following:
        ;c:\Program Files\MARY TTS\bin;c:\Program Files\MARY TTS\lib\windows
---------

Did you do that? Did you adapt the paths to your install location
(c:\Programmi\MARYTTS)?

> Besides the folder MARY_Base can't be called MARY TTS
> because Eclipse don't accept the name with back space.

You mean with space? Yes, it does, but you have to put quotation marks
around the arguments -- as in:

  -Dmary.base="d:\Program Files\MARY TTS"
-Djava.endorsed.dirs="d:\Program Files\MARY TTS"\lib\endorsed

, which works fine for me.

> Do it must
> launch the MaryClient class to execute the client with Eclipse ?

Are you sure you want to run the client from Eclipse? That is needed
only if you want to modify the client. Otherwise, you can use the
standard client also when the server is running from Eclipse.

But if you really want to run the client from eclipse, that's easy --
Main Class de.dfki.lt.mary.client.MaryGUIClient, only VM argument
required is -Dserver.host=localhost.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher
DFKI GmbH, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123 Saarbrücken, Germany