[mary-users] Remote installation of a local server: mbrola cannot execute - why?

Brigitte Brigitte.Endres-Niggemeyer at fh-hannover.de
Fri Jul 20 12:06:34 CEST 2007

Dear all,

in order to serve student local Mary users, I try to install the Mary
TTS server on a (Mac OS X 10.3.9) server of the faculty. This is
remote installation via ssh and SFTP. The installer 3.1beta1 started
with the java -jar ... command on the server, and it finished after
quite a long time without result.

My workaround so far is to install MARY TTS precisely in the
analogous folder of my own iMac, and then copy the folder to the
target folder on the faculty server. This works, but with some
limitations, as my error message shows.

What can I do to have mbrola process?

Thanks for any helpful idea!

Brigitte Endres-Niggemeyer