[mary-users] German Umlaut - utf-8 encoding engendring spoken "Paragraph"?

Marc Schroeder schroed at dfki.de
Mon Jun 18 10:22:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

I just tried it out -- the umlauts in your example file render OK on my
machine, and Paragraph sings are also pronounced as paragraph signs.

Please can you verify that the problem also occurs using the maryclient
GUI interface? The problem you report could be caused by a custom client
which does not treat UTF8-encoded text correctly... do you use a custom
client? Which operating system? Which programming language for the
client? Which MARY version?

Best regards,
Marc