[mary-users] No sound

Marc Schroeder schroed at dfki.de
Fri Feb 29 12:55:51 CET 2008

Hi Stefan,

thanks for trying!

To give you an informative answer, here is what would be helpful:

* what operating system are you using?

* what exactly is the error message?

* does the client-server connection work at all? E.g., if you use
"ACOUSTPARAMS" as the output type, do you get an XML file in the
right-hand-side window?

* with which voice did you try? is the problem the same for all the voices?

Regards,
Marc

Stefan Ploch schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> I'm new to Mary.
>
> I tried to view the tickets at https://mary.opendfki.de, but I couldn't
> get past the authentification (my username and password didn't work).
>
> I installed Mary, I first opened the Mary Server, then the Mary Client.
> I also got the Mary Gui Client Window, but I couldn't hear any sound
> after pressing "play". (The text in the left-hand window was "Willkommen
> in der Welt der Sprachsynthese!"). What am I doing wrong? What
> information do you need from me?
>
> In the Mary Client window, there were several lines with
> "java.io.EOFException". (I have no idea whether this is relevant.)
>
> Sorry for asking possibly quite dumb questions.
>
> Thanks.

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu
Chair W3C Emotion ML Incubator http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion
Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net
Team Leader DFKI Speech Group http://mary.dfki.de
Project Leader DFG project PAVOQUE http://mary.dfki.de/pavoque

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: schroed at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-302-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: