[mary-users] Need advice and opinion on my project

Cless Albain clessxx at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 17 19:07:16 CET 2008

Hi all, I am a final year computer science student from a local university in Malaysia and we are required to do a research/project in order to graduate.

I'd already chosen to enhance a text-to-speech system for my project but I want to modify it into the Malay language.

The MARY Text-to-Speech System has caught my attention but I still have some problem in modifying it, so if anyone out there has the experience in modifying it into their own language, please do help me as I am struggling to make it happen.

But I think developing the system is not enough, I want to do something extra, my idea is maybe I can compare the performance of my newly develop system with other system, maybe the MARY itself or the Festival TTS, please give some advice or opinion.

Thank You.