[mary-users] MP3 encoding on AMD64?

Luzius Thöny lthoeni at ifi.uzh.ch
Mon Jul 21 16:50:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

I can't seem to get Mary's MP3 encoding to work on our AMD64 server
(Ubuntu Linux). I'm suspecting that it has something to do with the
64bit arch, since the same thing works just fine on another machine that
I tried, which runs x86 Ubuntu.

I checked the tritonus homepage, and they only mention support for x86
and powerpc architectures. So is AMD64 really not supported?

Mary's "server.log" file says:
2008-07-21 16:21:05,690 [Thread-15] INFO  server     Error parsing request:
javax.sound.sampled.UnsupportedAudioFileException: Conversion to MP3 not
supported.
    at
de.dfki.lt.mary.MaryServer$ClientHandler.handleSynthesisRequest(MaryServer.java:789)
    at de.dfki.lt.mary.MaryServer$ClientHandler.handle(MaryServer.java:257)
    at de.dfki.lt.mary.MaryServer$ClientHandler.run(MaryServer.java:213)

thanks for any help,
Luzius

Luzius Thöny
Institut für Computerlinguistik