[mary-users] Changing the Sample Rate

Marc Schroeder schroed at dfki.de
Mon May 5 08:55:14 CEST 2008

Hi,

I see. Most synthesis voices are sampled at 16000 Hz, and we currently
do not preview the case where you request a certain sampling rate for
the audio output.

Are there others who would like this feature? If there are at least five
votes in favour of this, I will add it to the list of extensions for the
next major release (4.0).

To verify that the sample rate is actually the problem in your
application, try the German MBROLA voice de6 or de7 -- they are sampled
at 22050 Hz.

Regards,
Marc

Joe Toth schrieb:
> I'm trying to play some generated MP3s in a flash player, but they sound
> like chipmunks.
>
> "The problem is caused by a feature in the Flash player that causes
> playback to happen either too fast or too slow if the MP3 file has it’s
> sample rate at a value which is not a multiple of 11,025 Hz. So, for
> example, any MP3 file with a sample rate of 11,025Hz, 22,050Hz or
> 44,100Hz will play fine, but any file sampled at, say, 24,000Hz will
> give us the chipmunks."
>
> How do I change the sample rate? I tried the following, but get an
> error.
>
> mary.process(text, inputType, outputType, audioType, defaultVoiceName,
> "", "FIR(type:1.0;fc1:11025.0;fc2:11025.0)", fos);
>
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can deal with sample size
> 8, 16 or 24, but not -1
> 	at de.dfki.lt.mary.client.MaryClient._process(MaryClient.java:635)
>

> Thanks!

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu
Chair W3C Emotion ML Incubator http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion
Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net
Team Leader DFKI Speech Group http://mary.dfki.de
Project Leader DFG project PAVOQUE http://mary.dfki.de/pavoque

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: schroed at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-302-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: