[mary-users] Having Mary TTS speak straight into a Mysql database?

R. Vince rvince99 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 6 01:35:38 CEST 2009

Brigitte,

You are trying to read it in as a blob type yes (longblob I assume?). You
can do something like this in putting it into your MySQL db:

byte[] blob = (byte[])/*whatever your direct output from MARY is*/;

if(blob!=null && blob.length>1){
 //insert (java.lang.Object)blob into your database in a longblob field type
}

When you go to read it out of the db:
byte[] blob = (byte[])/*the result of your SELECT on the blob
java.lang.Object in the longblob type field*/;

(I dont know what object you will now use this as -- you may have to do a
MediaTracker.COMPLETE on the object you are going to create
from the blob[] byte array if that object descends from MediaTracker).

-Ralph Vince
001 216 799 4313
skype: ralph.vince
http://parametricplanet.com/rvince/