[mary-users] Mary mbrola voices proxy server

Marc Schroeder schroed at dfki.de
Mon May 11 10:46:26 CEST 2009

Hi Felix,

there is no proxy server support in the MARY tools at this stage (but
anyone, feel free to add it and contribute the corresponding code). As a
workaround, here is the manual way of downloading and installing voices:

* Go to http://mary.dfki.de/download/voices/voices-list.txt to get the
list of voices available for download. The format of the file is a
space-separated table, with the following columns:
  - voice name
  - voice version
  - URL of the voice package download file
  - size of the download file, in bytes
  - URL of the license under which the voice is released
  - md5 sum of the download file.

* To install a voice manually, proceed as follows:

  - read the license under which the voice is released, and make sure
you can accept it
  - download the voice package download file and save it to the folder
...\MARY TTS\download\
  - verify size and md5 sum of the download file
  - start the voice installer, ...\MARY TTS\bin\installvoices
  - wait for the connection to voices-list.txt to time out
  - the voice you manually downloaded appears with status "DOWNLOADED".
Select and install it as usual.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Marc

Felix.Burkhardt at telekom.de schrieb:
> Hi
> I have the problem to install Mary behind a firewall and can't use the
> voice-installer and would like to install the mbrola voices
> manually/offline but don't know how.
> Thanks,
> felix

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu
Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net
Team Leader DFKI Speech Group http://mary.dfki.de

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: schroed at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-302-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: