[mary-users] allophones file format

Marc Schroeder marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Thu Apr 1 10:33:27 CEST 2010

One addition to this:

It is recommended to use the given features when they make sense for
describing the properties of a given language. But for some languages
they are not really appropriate or insufficient -- for example, there
are languages for which consonant voicing is not a distinctive feature,
but e.g. "aspiration" is distinctive.

In such a case, you could leave out the "cvox" feature, and add your own
feature, say, "casp" (for consonant aspiration). Add it to the list of
features in the top, then use it in the <consonant> elements. Value "0"
should be the "not applicable" value (it will be the default when the
attribute is not present); then, arbitrary other symbols can be used to
represent the values that make sense (e.g., "+" and "-" or "1", "2" and
"3" etc.)

Hope that helps,
Marc

On 01.04.10 06:49, Nickolay V. Shmyrev wrote:
> В Срд, 31/03/2010 в 14:33 -0300, Igor пишет:
>> Thanks Joy,
>>
>> but my major doubt is about the properties of phones (eg. which means
>> vlng, vheight, vfront, etc). I don't know the values that these
>> properties can assume. Nevertheless, thanks for help.
>>
> They are vowel length, vowel height, vowel frontness, roundness encoded
> as numbers from 1 to 3. This values are well known in phonetics, see
> more at
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vowel
>
> For consonants other parameters are specified, like
> place of articulation, phonation and so on. Those features could be
> language-specific in theory, so you can choose another set that better
> suits your language.
>
> You can find similar table in Festival voice in _phoneset.scm file if
> you have it.

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu
Project leader for DFKI in SSPNet http://sspnet.eu
Project leader PAVOQUE http://mary.dfki.de/pavoque
Associate Editor IEEE Trans. Affective Computing http://computer.org/tac
Editor W3C EmotionML Working Draft http://www.w3.org/TR/emotionml/
Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net
Team Leader DFKI TTS Group http://mary.dfki.de

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-302-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: