[mary-users] Combinability of Effects in Mary 4.1.1

René Bühling buehling at informatik.uni-augsburg.de
Mon Dec 6 17:07:31 CET 2010

Dear all,

I have a short question for my understanding of things: It seems that it
is not or no longer possible to combine effects in Mary 4.1.1. For
example when I use Mary Server and Mary GUI client, I can apparently
only apply one audio effect a time. Although I can check the checkboxes
of both i.e. TractScaler and F0Add, only the TractScaler will work. Also
the other way round, F0Add works, but not in combination with other
effects. My test-voices where dfki-spike-hsmm, dfki-prudence-hsmm,
dfki-poppy-hsmm, dfki-obadiah-hsmm.

Furthermore the Rate filter seems to have no effect at all - at least
what I can hear. ;)
I know that these things worked in Mary 3.6 (i.e. with voice hmm-bdl).
Did some elemental things change in Mary 4, so that it does no longer
work or are there things to consider which I have missed so far?

Thanks and kind regards,
René

--
MSc MA René Bühling