[mary-users] MARY TTS 4.2.0 released

Marc Schroeder marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Fri Dec 10 12:59:02 CET 2010

Dear MARY TTS users,

with the end of year approaching, there are going to be two
end-of-project releases of MARY TTS: Today we are releasing MARY TTS
4.2.0, which marks the final stage of our TTS work in the SEMAINE
project; in one to two weeks, we intend to release MARY 4.3.0, which
will mark the end of the PAVOQUE project. Project deadlines are such
that we could not merge the two into a single release.

Best regards, and enjoy the release,

The MARY TTS team

MARY TTS 4.2.0: Release notes
(see also http://mary.opendfki.de/wiki/4.2.0)

Download MARY TTS 4.2.0 from
http://mary.dfki.de/download/4.2.0/openmary-standalone-install-4.2.0.jar

This is a feature release, adding new features while maintaining
compatibility with existing 4.x voices.

This release marks the final results of work on MARY TTS in the  SEMAINE
project (http://www.semaine-project.eu/), where our main focus for TTS
has been on building expressive British English voices with listener
vocalization capabilities.

New features for synthesis of expressive vocalizations:

     * Improved support for expressive vocalizations in the British
English unit selection voices dfki-poppy, dfki-prudence, dfki-spike and
dfki-obadiah. Signal modification is now used to combine intonation
contours and segmental forms, as described in  Pammi et al. (2010)
(http://www.dfki.de/lt/publication_show.php?id=4886).
     * Added vocalization support to the HMM-based versions of these
voices: dfki-poppy-hsmm, dfki-prudence-hsmm, dfki-spike-hsmm and
dfki-obadiah-hsmm.

For details on the new MaryXML <vocalization> tag and usage examples,
see http://mary.opendfki.de/wiki/VocalizationSynthesis

New voice:

     * For German, we created bits1-hsmm, a female HMM-based voice built
from recordings provided by BITS
(http://www.phonetik.uni-muenchen.de/Forschung/BITS/index.html)

Bugfixes:

     * This release also includes a number of bugfixes, see

http://mary.opendfki.de/query?status=closed&group=resolution&milestone=4.2

--
Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: marc.schroeder at dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-85775-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: