[mary-users] One stress marker is not enough?

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
Tue Jun 15 15:36:33 CEST 2010

I would like to point out that Mary does handle secondary stress, here is an overview:

IPA	Mary	SAMPA	description
ˈ	'	"	primary stress
ˌ	,	%	secondary stress

Unfortunately, there is a bug in the 4.0 release wrt stress propagation in MaryXML, which has however been fixed in the development version.

Best wishes,

/**
 * Ingmar Steiner
 * Researcher, Language Technology
 * German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
 *
 * Campus D3 1 +1.18
 * D-66123 Saarbrücken
 * Germany
 * Phone: ++49-681-857-75-5263 (NEW!)
 * Email: ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
 *
 * Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
 * Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
 * Geschäftsführung:
 * Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
 * Dr. Walter Olthoff
 * Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
 * Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
 * Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313