[mary-users] Extremely lengthy portions of text error out

Joshua Reetz josh100288 at jrtechsupport.com
Wed Jun 30 07:49:58 CEST 2010

Hello Everyone,
I have been using OpenMARY for about a day now, and I find that OpenMARY
will run out of memory on me when I tell it to convert large texts of
over 5,000 words. I have been able to up this limit by upping the max
amout of RAM it can use to 5GB (I just converted a document of 24,000
words and it took 3.6GB of RAM), but I was wondering if there was a
better option.  I don't really want to have to break up these extremely
lengthy passages, but I don't like having to eat up all that RAM!

Josh