[mary-users] Voice-Import F0PolynomialFeatureFileWriter Errors

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
Tue Oct 5 17:11:47 CEST 2010

Dear Margot,

This reminds me of a bug that was fixed a while back. Since you seem to be experimenting with HNM, please have a look at http://mary.opendfki.de/ticket/289 and tell us if this might apply to you.

> I also tried using the hnm-Timeline to "true", but then I got the error:
>
> 3059896 [RunSelectedComponentsThread] INFO marytts.F0PolynomialFeatureFileWriter  - F0 polynomial feature file writer started.
>
> java.lang.Exception: The component F0PolynomialFeatureFileWriter produced the following exception:
> 	at marytts.tools.voiceimport.DatabaseImportMain$8.run(DatabaseImportMain.java:294)
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Processing header does not contain required field 'hnm.noiseModel'
> 	at marytts.unitselection.data.HnmTimelineReader.ensurePresent(HnmTimelineReader.java:112)
> 	at marytts.unitselection.data.HnmTimelineReader.load(HnmTimelineReader.java:82)
> 	at marytts.unitselection.data.TimelineReader.<init>(TimelineReader.java:103)
> 	at marytts.unitselection.data.HnmTimelineReader.<init>(HnmTimelineReader.java:72)
> 	at marytts.tools.voiceimport.F0PolynomialFeatureFileWriter.compute(F0PolynomialFeatureFileWriter.java:179)
> 	at marytts.tools.voiceimport.DatabaseImportMain$8.run(DatabaseImportMain.java:291)
>
> although the header of timeline_hnm.mry contains the line
>
> hnm.noiseModel=1.
>
> Does anyone have an idea where this comes from and how to overcome it? If necessary, I can provide more information, but I think this message is already very long ;)

HNM support is experimental and highly unstable for the time being. I'm afraid we cannot provide any user support on this. Please do not use HNM timelines unless you know exactly what you are doing and can debug the code yourself. However, in that case, I would be grateful if you could work with us to figure out what is going on.

Best wishes,

/**
 * Ingmar Steiner
 * Researcher, Language Technology
 * German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
 *
 * Campus D3 1 +1.18
 * D-66123 Saarbrücken
 * Germany
 * Phone: ++49-681-857-75-5263 (NEW!)
 * Email: ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
 *
 * Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
 * Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
 * Geschäftsführung:
 * Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
 * Dr. Walter Olthoff
 * Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
 * Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
 * Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313