[mary-users] Accent vs. Stress

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
Tue Oct 12 17:39:50 CEST 2010

Dear Thorsten,

"accented_syls_from_phrase_start" is exactly what the javadoc says: it "Counts the number of accented syllables since the start of the phrase."

This refers to the number of syllables that are predicted to have accents, and counting those does not involve F0.

/**
 * Ingmar Steiner
 * Researcher, Language Technology
 * German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
 *
 * Campus D3 1 +1.18
 * D-66123 Saarbrücken
 * Germany
 * Phone: ++49-681-857-75-5263 (NEW!)
 * Email: ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
 *
 * Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
 * Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
 * Geschäftsführung:
 * Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
 * Dr. Walter Olthoff
 * Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
 * Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
 * Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313