[mary-users] Using Mary trunk Cannot import voices

Clifton Craig clifton.craig at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 15:15:59 CEST 2010

You are ABSOLUTELY correct! I double checked, then poised to counter-argue and complain that you were missing something I went back to triple check all of my PATH and CLASSPATH settings. As it turns out the import.sh I was running was a copy from the 4.1 install. It set $MARY_BASE to point to the 4.1 install effectively running the import jar from 4.1. I feel silly, and thank you for helping.

Clifton Craig
Software Engineer
http://codeforfun.wordpress.com
clifton.craig at gmail.com

On Sep 21, 2010, at 3:10 AM, Marc Schroeder wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I think as long as the mary client says it is 4.1.0, there is something in your classpath that you don't expect...
>
> Marc
>
> On 20.09.10 17:35, Clifton Craig wrote:
>> Marc,
>>
>> Thanks for getting back so fast. I am running a trunk client which is where I'm confused. I checked out trunk, built it, and ran the sever. I then created and walked into a custom voices folder and used the voice-import tools from trunk, which should be using a trunk client. I'm thinking there's something in trunk that's broken.
>>
>> Clifton Craig
>> Software Engineer
>> http://codeforfun.wordpress.com
>> clifton.craig at gmail.com
>>
>> On Sep 20, 2010, at 11:03 AM, Marc Schroeder wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Clifton,
>>>
>>> yes, the version string matching was updated between 4.1.0 and 4.1.1.
>>> The trunk version of MARY now identifies itself as "trunk". Grab a 4.1.1
>>> (or trunk) client and it should work ok.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Marc

>>> --
>>> please note my NEW phone number: +49-681-85775-5303
>>>
>>> Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
>>> Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu
>>> Project leader for DFKI in SSPNet http://sspnet.eu
>>> Project leader PAVOQUE http://mary.dfki.de/pavoque
>>> Associate Editor IEEE Trans. Affective Computing http://computer.org/tac
>>> Editor W3C EmotionML Working Draft http://www.w3.org/TR/emotionml/
>>> Portal Editor http://emotion-research.net
>>> Team Leader DFKI TTS Group http://mary.dfki.de
>>>
>>> Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
>>> Email: marc.schroeder at dfki.de
>>> Phone: +49-681-85775-5303
>>> Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
>>> Saarbrücken, Germany
>>> --
>>> Official DFKI coordinates:
>>> Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
>>> Trippstadter Strasse 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
>>> Geschaeftsfuehrung:
>>> Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)