[mary-users] Install Openmary without X11 on Linux

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at inria.fr
Mon Dec 19 12:36:31 CET 2011

Dear Hoai-Anh Ngo-Vi,

there was a similar question about a year ago:

http://www.dfki.de/pipermail/mary-users/2010-September/000616.html

As the OP mentions, a possible workaround for installing Mary 4.x on a
headless system is to install in a different environment and copy the
installation over to the headless one. Subsequent issues with starting
the Mary Server in the headless environment were fixed in 4.2.

As for a source build, I tested a fresh svn checkout of tags/4.3.1 on a
headless Ubuntu 11.10 with ant 1.8.2 and Sun JDK 1.6.0_30, and I cannot
reproduce any of your issues. ant dist builds fine, and the Mary server
runs as expected (all headless, no X11 installed).

If you cannot work around the problem (see above), please post exact
details.

Best wishes,

-Ingmar