[mary-users] MP3 support?

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
Sun Jan 2 20:45:15 CET 2011

Hi Emmanuel,

thanks for pointing to the documentation... It's not obvious (or even visible, in fact), but that documentation is from early 2006 and refers to Mary 3.0. MP3 output was indeed working in Mary 3.x, and the code and various other traces (such as the config entries) are still there, but since support for the Tritonus library was removed with 4.0, it now no longer works. The (more recently maintained) documentation lives in http://mary.opendfki.de/wiki, and we really should update the outdated docs under http://mary.dfki.de/documentation as soon as we find the time!

If you have the resources to contribute to getting a working, Java-only, MP3 (or other compressed audio) encoder working, you more than welcome. In that case, we should probably continue this discussion on the mary-dev mailing list.

Best wishes,

/**
 * Ingmar Steiner
 * Researcher, Language Technology
 * German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
 *
 * Campus D3 1 +1.18
 * D-66123 Saarbrücken
 * Germany
 * Phone: ++49-681-857-75-5263 (NEW!)
 * Email: ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
 *
 * Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz GmbH
 * Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern, Germany
 * Geschäftsführung:
 * Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster (Vorsitzender)
 * Dr. Walter Olthoff
 * Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
 * Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
 * Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313