[mary-users] Problem in running example program

Vasana Wijesooriya jayachamaree at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 05:16:13 CET 2011

Thanks Jeff. I tried to run it using local server.
I changed the example coding along the following lines.

//String serverHost = System.getProperty("server.host", "
cling.dfki.uni-sb.de");
//int serverPort = Integer.getInteger("server.port", 59125).intValue();
//MaryClient mary = MaryClient.getMaryClient(new Address(serverHost,
serverPort));
MaryClient mary = MaryClient.getMaryClient();              //added this line
to connect to local server.

And started Mary server. But now I get similar errors as follows.

Mary TTS client 4.3.0 (impl. 20101220)
Connected to localhost:59125, Mary TTS server 4.3.0 (impl. 20101220)
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP
response co
de: 500 for URL: http://localhost:59125/process
        at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown So
urce)
        at
marytts.client.http.MaryHttpClient.requestInputStream(MaryHttpClient.
java:435)
        at
marytts.client.http.MaryHttpClient._process(MaryHttpClient.java:481)
        at marytts.client.MaryClient.process(MaryClient.java:661)
        at marytts.client.MaryClient.process(MaryClient.java:668)
        at MaryClientUser.main(MaryClientUser.java:79)

Hope you'd kindly help.
Thanks.