[mary-users] mary.base property is not correct on my Ubuntu installation

Thorsten Westermann thorstenwestermann at gmx.net
Fri Jul 15 16:47:41 CEST 2011

Sorry for this beginner question:

I have tried to start the Mary server (4.3) on Ubuntu within Eclipse.

    public static String maryBase()
    {
        if (maryBase == null) {
            maryBase = System.getProperty("mary.base");
            if (maryBase == null)

maryBase is now "/jars/mary", but it should be "/home/jars/mary"

Does anybody know where I can change this System.getProperty where the "mary.base" is stored?
I could fix this string manually, but I think this gives problems in other parts of the code, so I would like to fix the problem generally.

Thank you for help!