[mary-users] Problem with voice importer

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at inria.fr
Mon Jul 25 09:48:45 CEST 2011

Dear Paul,

On 25.07.2011 00:34, soundmodul at gmx.at wrote:
> Hi Florent!
>
> Thanks!
> You really helped me!

Yes, thank you for the correct solution, Florent! Paul, in case you
would like an explanation, this is due to a bug
(http://mary.opendfki.de/ticket/389) that was discovered after the
release of Mary 4.3. It was fixed right away in the developer code, and
will be included in the next bugfix release (4.3.1?), but right now,
it's not clear if or when that might be released.

In the meantime, it would be possible to use the developer version by
checking out the "4.x-branch" as described at
http://mary.opendfki.de/#SVNaccesstotherepository. Or just fix the lab
files like Florent suggested.

> Additionally, for one of the next tools I had to run your script in
> '/my/path/to/myvoice/phonelab/*.lab' too!
> Now i could run most of the import tools.
>
> Unfortunately, the next problem is the FOCARTTrainer
[...]
> The TimelineReader.java wants to:
> /**
>    * Hop the datagrams in the given byte buffer until the one which
> begins at or contains the desired time
>    * (time is in samples; the sample rate is assumed to be that of the
> timeline).
>
> Is it possible, that the sample rate of wav files (22050 for me) is the
> problem?

Indeed, you're quite probably correct. Many parts of the Mary code rely
on the assumption that the audio is sampled at 16kHz. This limitation is
unlikely to be fixed in the near future (e.g.
http://mary.opendfki.de/ticket/278), so in the meantime, you will have
to use your favorite audio utility to downsample everything to 16000 Hz.
It would be a good idea to repeat ALL steps of the voicebuilding process
afterwards.

Best wishes,

-Ingmar