[mary-users] Problem with HalfPhoneUnitFeatureComputer

Jerome Perri jerome.perri at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 6 13:15:42 CEST 2011

Hello Ingmar, hello Nickolay,

I have now chosen the language name "de" for my language creation process.

I am now trying to run the "FeatureSelection" component in the Voice Import Tools.
This is the error that I am getting:

Mary TTS client 4.2.0 (impl. 20101209)
Connected to localhost:59125, Mary TTS server 4.2.0 (impl. 20101209)
java.lang.Exception: The component FeatureSelection produced the following exception:
    at marytts.tools.voiceimport.DatabaseImportMain$8.run(DatabaseImportMain.java:294)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: 400:Bad Request

I did remove the old "de" files before I started the process of creating my new "de" language because I wanted to start from scratch.
I successfully went through the steps described in http://mary.opendfki.de/wiki/NewLanguageSupport and I thought that all needed files would now be there.

There is no specific error in the server.log file. The only warning that I am getting is:
2011-09-06 13:04:06,271 [I/O dispatcher 3] WARN  marytts.Voice Could not find default voice for locale de

Now I would like to know what exactely Mary is missing here. A voice? I don't have one yet, because I am just trying to build it here :-)
I am also asking Nickolay because he did the Russian voice and guess that he had the same problem, too.

Thank you.

Jerome