[mary-users] Running VoiceImportTools in Eclipse

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at inria.fr
Mon Sep 12 09:38:59 CEST 2011

Dear Jerome,

On 10.09.2011 14:06, Jerome Perri wrote:
> I was stupid: I always tried to debug the voice import tools from with
> in the mary server.
>
> I have now tried to run the voice import tools in Eclipse, but I am not
> sure how this should be done.
> I have tried to find the main class for the voice import tools in the
> existing mary project, but I was not successful.

The class you're looking for is DatabaseImportMain.

> I tried to do it like in the ReadMe for the mary server
>
> ##
> 3. Import the MARY-project in Eclipse:
> In Eclipse, select from the "File" menu "Import", then click on
> "Existing Project into Workspace".
> Click "Next", then "Browse" and select the mary directory MARY_BASE
> (for example "/home/myself/MARY TTS").
> Then click "Finish".
> ##

When you install/checkout the source code, the voice import tools are
already there, under MARY_BASE/java/marytts/tools/voiceimport.

> But I did not find the path to the voice import tools.

Assuming you normally run the voice import tools with
MARY_BASE/bin/voiceimport, you can inspect that script and see that it
simply runs MARY_BASE/java/voiceimport.jar with some parameters. If you
want to find the main class within a jar, you can always read the
MANIFEST.MF.

Best wishes,

-Ingmar

--