[mary-users] MaryTTS not speaking common unicode characters.

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 01:17:09 CEST 2012

Hi.  I'm trying to get all the SpeechHub back ends to properly read
UTF-8 or whatever they are good at reading, and MaryTTS is the last
one that I can't get to read the £ symbol.  I just did a build of the
master branch in Windows and confirmed that in FireFox as a client,
MaryTTS drops the £ symbol and does not read it.  I can add common
Latin characters to SpeechHub's substitution list, but before I do, am
I doing anything wrong?  Does MaryTTS in the English model normally
fail to read common symbols like £?

Thanks,
Bill