[mary-users] HELP, voice installation problems

Ricardo Duarte ricardo.lpd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 21:50:43 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I have been playing with MaryTTS git source from HEAD for around a month
now, and I found it to be an extremely useful tool.
However i cant install new voices in the eclipse source (which i had done
using the old 4.3.0 with no problems).

Currently i have used the installerGUI which has downloaded the voices to
lib/voices and to download folders. However the server was not searching
for this directories.
Now I have included within the runtime build path the jars that came with
each voice, in attempt to fix this.

But now it returns an error:

MARY server 5.1-SNAPSHOT starting as a HTTP server...Exception in thread
"main" java.lang.Exception: Problem starting module Synthesis
    at marytts.server.Mary.startModules(Mary.java:150)
    at marytts.server.Mary.startup(Mary.java:298)
    at marytts.server.Mary.startup(Mary.java:205)
    at marytts.server.Mary.main(Mary.java:508)
Caused by: marytts.exceptions.MaryConfigurationException: Cannot
instantiate voice 'dfki-obadiah'
    at marytts.modules.synthesis.Voice.<init>(Voice.java:207)
    at
marytts.unitselection.UnitSelectionVoice.<init>(UnitSelectionVoice.java:84)
    at
marytts.unitselection.UnitSelectionSynthesizer.startup(UnitSelectionSynthesizer.java:96)
    at marytts.modules.Synthesis.startupSynthesizers(Synthesis.java:82)
    at marytts.modules.Synthesis.startup(Synthesis.java:72)
    at marytts.server.Mary.startModules(Mary.java:148)
    ... 3 more
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: File
[.\lib\voices\dfki-obadiah\vocalization_units.mry] was not found.
    at
marytts.vocalizations.VocalizationUnitFileReader.load(VocalizationUnitFileReader.java:95)
    at
marytts.vocalizations.VocalizationUnitFileReader.<init>(VocalizationUnitFileReader.java:79)
    at
marytts.vocalizations.VocalizationSynthesizer.<init>(VocalizationSynthesizer.java:65)
    at marytts.modules.synthesis.Voice.init(Voice.java:237)
    at marytts.modules.synthesis.Voice.<init>(Voice.java:205)
    ... 8 more
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.IllegalStateException: MARY system
is not running
    at marytts.server.Mary.shutdown(Mary.java:384)
    at marytts.server.Mary$2.run(Mary.java:290)

How can i add the voices to the eclipse source? What I am doing wrong.
Please continue this project the source quality is one of the best I have
seen in allot open-source projects.

Kind Regards

Ricardo Duarte