[mary-users] How to run Mary

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at inria.fr
Thu Feb 2 15:29:36 CET 2012

Dear Jerome,

On 02.02.2012 14:07, Jerome Perri wrote:
> Hi Ingmar,
>
> yes, that is what I was trying to do. I wanted to retrain with secondary
> stress.
> Also, I still wanted to find the world formula today.

You still have a few hours! =)

> Here is the output:
> jars at jars-desktop:~$ bash wikiextract -verbose

Since I *still* don't know what the contents of your wikiextract script
is, I can only assume that the "-verbose" option is ignored if you use
it like that. What I meant was that you should add the "-verbose" option
to the "java" command that is presumably somewhere in that script.

But that's beside the point; if you want help with this error, please
provide the complete contents of that script, line-by-line.

> marytts/tools/dbselection/WikipediaProcessor
> marytts.tools.dbselection.WikipediaProcessor
> at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
> at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
> Could not find the main class:
> marytts.tools.dbselection.WikipediaProcessor. Program will exit.
>
> I do not really have time at the moment. So if you say that what I want
> to do will not work anyway, I will post-pone it for my holidays.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it will indeed take some effort to get
secondary stress fully supported in Mary.

Best wishes,

-Ingmar