[mary-users] missing language components for mary tts 5.0

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at ucd.ie
Fri Jul 20 15:58:45 CEST 2012

Dear Simon,

On 7/20/12 13:22, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here's Simon from Austria.
>
> I just wanted to get the language components from the server. the voices
> downloaded but i wasn't able to find the language components themselves.

The language components are already installed with the Mary TTS 5.0
distribution; they are simply unpacked from the zip file:

$ zipinfo -1 marytts-5.0.zip | grep lang
marytts-5.0/lib/marytts-lang-de-5.0.jar
marytts-5.0/lib/marytts-lang-en-5.0.jar
marytts-5.0/lib/marytts-lang-te-5.0.jar
marytts-5.0/lib/marytts-lang-tr-5.0.jar
marytts-5.0/lib/marytts-lang-ru-5.0.jar
marytts-5.0/lib/marytts-lang-it-5.0.jar
marytts-5.0/lib/marytts-lang-sv-5.0.jar
marytts-5.0/installed/marytts-lang-de-5.0-component.xml
marytts-5.0/installed/marytts-lang-en-GB-5.0-component.xml
marytts-5.0/installed/marytts-lang-en-US-5.0-component.xml
marytts-5.0/installed/marytts-lang-it-5.0-component.xml
marytts-5.0/installed/marytts-lang-ru-5.0-component.xml
marytts-5.0/installed/marytts-lang-sv-5.0-component.xml
marytts-5.0/installed/marytts-lang-te-5.0-component.xml
marytts-5.0/installed/marytts-lang-tr-5.0-component.xml

Those language components are no longer distributed separately, and
furthermore, as of 5.0, the Mary TTS distribution files are no longer
hosted at DFKI, but at Github.

So you should already have the files you seek. =)

Best wishes,

-Ingmar

> I am blind and so i am not using the components installer. i download
> the zip files directly and extract them to the programs directory which
> i also did with mary tts 4.3.1.
>
> it seems that the language components are not on the server. i get a
> http 404 when i want to download them.
>
> normally the files should be on
> http://mary.dfki.de/download/5.0/
> as the xml files tell me.
>

> the voice files i found on
> http://mary.dfki.de/download/5.0-SNAPSHOT/
>
> the base package with the programs i was able to get this from
> https://github.com/marytts/marytts/downloads
>
> Wonder if i am the first one who reports that issue.
>

> greetings,
> simon

Ingmar Steiner
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Centre for Next Generation Localisation

Multilingual Ubiquitous Speech Technology (MUSTER)
Computer Science and Informatics
University College Dublin

Speech Communication Laboratory
Centre for Language and Communication Studies
Trinity College Dublin