[mary-users] How do you insert breakpoints and debug openMARY?

Sathish Pammi sathishc.pammi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:35:09 CEST 2012

Hi Sriram,

There is wiki documentation to run OpenMary in Eclipse:
http://mary.opendfki.de/wiki/Eclipse

Then, you can run MARY Server in debug mode with breakpoints. (
http://help.eclipse.org/indigo/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Ftasks-debug-launch.htm
)

Regards,
Sathish

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Sriram Shankar <sriram at voxomos.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand the internals of the openMARY source code with
> the Java Debug perspective in Eclipse. This is how I am currently trying to
> debug:
>
> 1. Open the Debug perspective in Java.
> 2. Insert breakpoints
> 3. Start the server.
> 4. Launch the client process, enter a sentence and hit the Speak button.
>
> The execution does not stop at any of the breakpoints. My question(s):
>
> 1. How do I launch openMARY server in debug mode?
>
> Regards,
> Sriram Shankar.

Dr. Sathish Chandra Pammi
Postdoctoral Researcher