[mary-users] MARY TTS on Android?

Dennis Lockshine dklockshine at gmail.com
Thu May 3 05:52:28 CEST 2012

I'm interested in implementing the MARY TTS engine on Android, specifically
to use some of the advanced features available to the voices (such as
inflection, duration, pitch, etc). Ideally I would create a self-contained
Android application with a front-end (not MARY) to handle the text input
and generation, and a back-end (is MARY) to handle the Text-to-Speech task
and pass the audio files back to the front-end.

Has anyone attempted this? Where would be a good place to start?

Any and all help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis