[mary-users] marytts - missing Address constructor

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at ucd.ie
Tue Sep 4 00:48:15 CEST 2012

Dear John,

I assume you're referring to marytts.util.http.Address, which should be
available if marytts-common is in your classpath?

Let's move this thread to mary-dev.

Best wishes,

-Ingmar

On 9/3/12 22:57, John Pickard wrote:
> Ingmar,
>
> Apologies. I should have said that it was the source file provided with
> the version 5 release - A demo class illustrating how to use the
> MaryClient class. This, in NetBeans, cannot find the
> 'marytts.client.http.Address' class to instantiate it.
>
> I am just trying to make a start on using the software for a product I
> am in the middle of looking to enhance.
>
> Regards,
>
> John
>
> On 03/09/2012 22:26, Ingmar Steiner wrote:
>> Dear John,
>>
>> unfortunately, your message doesn't provide any details of what you're
>> trying to do.
>>
>> Incidentally, the mary-users mailing list is intended primarily to
>> discuss *use* of the marytts release. It seems that your project goes
>> beyond this scope.
>>
>> If you want to extend mary-dev with new code or integrate it into your
>> application, please take a look at
>> https://github.com/marytts/marytts/wiki/MaryInterface and the code at
>> https://github.com/marytts/marytts/tree/master/user-examples. If that
>> doesn't answer your questions, please consider posting a more detailed
>> message to the mary-dev mailing list.
>>
>> If you are convinced you have discovered a bug in the source code or if
>> the software causes errors when used as directed, please open an issue
>> at https://github.com/marytts/marytts/issues/new with a detailed report
>> of your environment, expected vs. observed behavior, and steps to
>> reproduce the problem.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> -Ingmar
>>
>> On 9/2/12 18:39, John Pickard wrote:
>>> Hi. Just installed Version 5 of marytts and tried to compile a Java
>>> program. Not able to find - marytts.client.http.Address. Complaining
>>> about the Address portion of the import statement.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> John

Ingmar Steiner
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Centre for Next Generation Localisation

Multilingual Ubiquitous Speech Technology (MUSTER)
Computer Science and Informatics
University College Dublin

Speech Communication Laboratory
Centre for Language and Communication Studies
Trinity College Dublin