[mary-users] Mary-users Digest, Vol 75, Issue 2

Paul Dunn paul at goocto.com
Tue Sep 18 21:02:59 CEST 2012

Does anybody know the syntax to run a simple TTS request on the command
line without having to run it as a listening server?

something like...
> java marytts infile.xml outfile.wav

----

This is a really great TTS processor that generates really impressive
results. Ive used it for generating automated phone callouts to alert key
personnel about certain conditions and I've been using MaryXML files with
prosody tags to give me the inflections I am looking for.

My problem though, is that running marytts as a server doesn't seem like a
good solution to me.  It takes up clock cycles on a busy server and I only
end up making 6 to twelve requests per day.  It often fails by the time I
need it and I have to manually restart the server. It would a lot simpler
if I could just run a command that fires up marytts as needed.

Its not obvious from the documentation how I would do this and Ive searched
and searched on and off for several days now.  Does anybody know the
answer? Thanks in advance.

Paul