[mary-users] tones in tonal language

Ingmar Steiner ingmar.steiner at dfki.de
Tue Apr 30 12:06:00 CEST 2013

Dear Dinh,

glad to hear you're making progress! Tonal language support in MaryTTS
is still experimental. Two attempts were made in the past to support
such language:

Tibetan was most recently supported in version 3.6; the source code
however is available under
https://github.com/marytts/marytts/tree/v3.6.0/lib/modules/tib.

Mandarin support was developed for the 2009 Blizzard Challenge, but the
corresponding code was never merged into the trunk. The implementation
is however described in
http://festvox.org/blizzard/bc2009/dfki_Blizzard2009.pdf.

I hope this helps you along!

Best wishes,