[mary-users] Need help to solve UnitSelection VoiceCompiler Build issues

Lakshika Kodithuwakku luckyjkh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 09:33:31 CET 2013

Hi all,

I just noticed below settings in my voice.config file

# Voice-specific files
voice.my_voice.featureFile       =
MARY_BASE/lib/voices/my_voice/halfphoneFeatures_ac.mry
voice.my_voice.targetCostWeights =
jar:/marytts/voice/My_voice/halfphoneUnitFeatureDefinition_ac.txt
voice.my_voice.joinCostFile      =
MARY_BASE/lib/voices/my_voice/joinCostFeatures.mry
voice.my_voice.joinCostWeights   =
jar:/marytts/voice/My_voice/joinCostWeights.txt
voice.my_voice.unitsFile         =
MARY_BASE/lib/voices/my_voice/halfphoneUnits.mry
voice.my_voice.cartFile          = jar:/marytts/voice/My_voice/cart.mry
voice.my_voice.audioTimelineFile =
MARY_BASE/lib/voices/my_voice/timeline_waveforms.mry
voice.my_voice.basenameTimeline  =
MARY_BASE/lib/voices/my_voice/timeline_basenames.mry

Do I have to set MARY_BASE explicitly for this to work?
Should I set an environment variable as MARY_BASE with the absolute path to
voice building directory for this?

Kindly help me if anyone has any experience with building a unit selection
voice with MARY.

Thanks
Lakshika