[mary-users] Clients for Mary TTS 5.0

Cade-Stewart, Michael michael.cade-stewart at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Oct 16 12:01:00 CEST 2013

Hello List members,

I need to pass input text files to MARY-TTS, process them for Intonational data, and save the output.

I have tried to use a socket client to do so, but none of those shipped with the software will work on my Linux box. The age of some of the files leads me to suspect that they may need updating.  I am particularly interested in the cross-platform python one (MaryClient.py). Unfortunately it returns 400 Bad Request error, as does the perl one. (The ruby one will only return a Linux-related error message.)

Could anyone give me some pointers on how to update the python client to make it work with version 5.0?
Or is there another way to achieve my aims?

With thanks,

Michael

Dr Michael Cade-Stewart
Post-doctoral Fellow of the British Academy
Department of Digital Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL