[mary-users] How to install voices using installer?

Nickolay V. Shmyrev nshmyrev at yandex.ru
Thu Apr 10 18:55:24 CEST 2014

09.04.2014, 21:19, "Robert Schuon" <rschuon at shoutomatic.com>:
> More information on the compile failure - it seems that the server fails to start from the compiler,

Failed to start from what?

Servers are not easy to run from the IDE since they might require specific command line and environment variables.

> causing an error when it tries to shut the server down.  However, running the server in Eclipse as a debug process works perfectly.  Here are the log entries when it fails.  The log simply stops after the last entry.
>
> 2014-04-08 16:36:40,836 [main] INFO marytts.main Mary starting up... 2014-04-08 16:36:40,840 [main] INFO marytts.main Specification version 5.1-SNAPSHOT 2014-04-08 16:36:40,840 [main] INFO marytts.main Implementation version unk 2014-04-08 16:36:41,304 [main] INFO marytts.UnitSelectionSynthesizer started. 2014-04-08 16:36:41,306 [main] INFO marytts.TargetFeatureLister Module started (ACOUSTPARAMS->TARGETFEATURES, locale null). 2014-04-08 16:36:41,306 [main] INFO marytts.HTSEngine Module started (TARGETFEATURES->AUDIO, locale null).

Everything is fine here

> Is it that Eclipse cannot run both processes together? It is very confusing. I added additional logging statements, and recompiled MaryTTS, but it simply stops at the same point, and the maven compiler gives the error I posted before.

You can pause process in debugger and see what is it doing. Most likely it's waiting for connections.

> marytts.exceptions.MaryConfigurationException: Cannot load model data from stream at marytts.modules.acoustic.Model.load(Model.java:141) at marytts.modules.acoustic.HMMModel.<init>(HMMModel.java:104) at marytts.modules.synthesis.Voice.loadAcousticModels(Voice.java:343) ... 32 more Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unexpected input: expected 'ByteValuedFeatureProcessors', read

This seems to be a real problem and it doesn't seem to be related to the server running. It says it fails to load some file from acoustic model due to some misconfiguration. You need to review and debug it. You seem to cut the exception text in the end while it contained most important information.