[mary-users] Voice Import only execute on Linux

Robert Schuon rschuon at shoutomatic.com
Mon Apr 14 22:30:05 CEST 2014

Danilo,

         The client-server part of MaryTTS runs pretty much in any
environment.  It can run as a localhost, or on a web server (and has
it's own API).  The voice import seems to only run on Linux, although we
have gotten parts of it to run on an iMac (still working on the rest).
This is partly because the voice import requires some dependencies, like
the Festival speech tools library, that were designed for Linux.  It
might be possible to get it to run under Windows, but there are
dependencies like EHMM that must be installed, and the paths set so that
MaryTTS voiceimport can see them.  Most of them need to be compiled from
source (for Windows), so if you are a developer, you can give it a try,
but Linux is the preferred environment.

Some of the required dependencies are:

awk
perl
tclsh
bc
sox
HTK
HTS
SPTK >= 3.2
EHMM

Most of these are Linux programs, so you can see the difficulty.  If
someone was able to port it to Windows, though, that would be great!

Bob S.

--
ShoutOmatic.com
"Stop Typing, Start Shouting!"