[mary-users] Fwd: Having trouble with HTS-adaptation (MaryTTS-5.0-SNAPSHOT)

Robert Schuon rschuon at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 20 15:09:16 CEST 2014

Gautam,

   It looks like on the third try, the MaryTTS server DID start.  Did
you test it by going to the address "http://localhost:59125" in your
browser?  Also, please note that after you stop the process, it seems to
take some time until the port is released by the server.  So new
instances of maryserver will fail until the port releases.

The MaryTTS server takes anywhere from 6-30 seconds to start up,
depending on the number of voices, etc.  You should also run it as a
daemon process, so that when you close your terminal window, it does not
shut down.

For example:

         nohup
~/Documents/HMMSpeech/marytts/target/marytts-5.0-SNAPSHOT/bin/maryserver.sh
 > /dev/null 2>&1 &

will create a daemon process (in about 30 seconds) that runs even after
the terminal window is closed.  Be advised, the only way to stop the
process is to "kill" BOTH the Mary process and Java (at least on a Linux
box).  So two "kill" commands must be issued, and then 20-30 seconds for
the machine to release the port 59125.  And to add new voices, you must
of course, stop and restart the MaryTTS server.

Bob S.

ShoutOmatic.com