[mary-users] Cannot set audio while playing

Nathan Nephew nathan.nephew at dart.biz
Thu Oct 9 14:14:55 CEST 2014

I have a very simple setup where I create a LocalMaryInterface, setVoice(voiceName), generateAudio(string), create an AudioPlayer, setAudio(audio, then ap.start().  This works great once (other than being very slow).

The problem I have is when I try to generateAudio(newString) then setAudio(audio), I get:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot set audio while playing
    at marytts.util.data.audio.AudioPlayer.setAudio(AudioPlayer.java:142)
    at Voice.say(Voice.java:52)
    at Voice.main(Voice.java:68)

Any suggestions other than creating a new AudioPlayer for each iteration?

Nate